UE Institute - An Online Study Group for the Novice Practitioner
Live Upper Extremity Institute
The process is simple:
A ten-month case study series of hand and upper extremity topics, UE Institute is an online study tool developed to provide structure and support for new hand and upper extremity therapists, expand clinical reasoning, and to help mentoring pairs organize format and content. This program is free to ASHT members.
- The program is targeted to therapists with 0-3 years experience, as well as change of career therapists
- Includes one online lesson per month (with rotating instructors) from September 2023 to June 2024
Note: Recorded sessions of the UE Institute from 2018 thru current semester may be accessed under the Course Recordings section at the bottom of this webpage. Each of these recorded sessions offers from 1 to 1.25 continuing education hours.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify one method of assessment for each topic in the syllabus
- Determine appropriate therapy interventions utilizing basic tissue healing principles
- Identify appropriate orthosis interventions for various topics in the syllabus
Attendees earn 1.25 continuing education hour/0.125 CEUs for each monthly session attended.
Q&A Period: Attendees may submit questions during the live course session via the Question Box. Questions will be answered after the live session on the UE Institute e-Community.
Free for ASHT members, but registration is required for each live monthly session.