Presented by Kim Kraft, Pt, DPT, CHT
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify different characteristics of orthotic material.
- Identify safety precautions when fabricating orthotics.
- Identify the indications and contraindications for fabricating orthotics for the upper extremity.
- Describe the factors that lead to osteoarthritic joint changes.
- Understand how rheumatoid joint deformities occur.
- Understand the goals of therapeutic intervention for arthritic conditions.
- Understand why the CMC joint is predisposed to osteoarthritis.
Attendees earn 1 continuing education hour/0.1 CEU for this course.
Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity (6th ed.). Skirven, T. M., Osterman, A. L., Fedorczyk, J. M., Amadio, P. C. (Eds.). (2011). Philadelphia, PA: Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-05602-1
Review Chapters 102-106, 122-127
View Video 105-3: CMC arthroplasty (Badia 2007)
View Video 103-1: CMC splint (Biese 2010)
View Video 103-2: Resting pan (Biese 2010)
Note: The video is online content. When you access the book, “Rehabilitation of the Hand,” information on how to access the videos is located inside the cover.
Fundamentals of Hand Therapy (2nd ed.). Mosby. Cooper, C. (Ed.). (2014). St. Louis, MO.
Review Chapters 7, 33