Jill Yanick, OTR/L, CHT
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify common and uncommon fractures of the wrist and their potential complications.
- Define carpal instability patterns DISI, VISI, and mid carpal instability.
- Identify common soft tissue injuries around the wrist.
- Discuss common surgical procedures for treatment of wrist injuries.
- Discuss therapeutic guidelines and contraindications following surgical procedures of the wrist
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
The required readings for this course are:
Management of Carpal Fractures and Dislocatons: Rehabilitation of the Hand & Upper Extremity. Dell, P., Dell, R., Griggs, R. (2011). Philadelphia, PA. Elsevier Publishing.
Carpal Instability: Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity. Garcia-Elias, M. (2011). Philadelphia, PA. Elsevier Publishing.
The Wrist: Diagnosis and Operative Treatment. LaStayo, P. (July-Sept 1998). Journal of Hand Therapy
- Volume 11, Issue 3, p. 216
Rehabilitation for Carpal Ligament Injury and Instability: Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity. Skirven, T. (2011). Philadelphia, PA. Elsevier Publishing.
Management of Carpal Instabilities. Wright, T. & Michlovitz, S. (April – June 1996). Journal of Hand Therapy
- Volume 9, Issue 2, p. 148-156