Presented by Jill Yanick, OTRL, CHT
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify key intrinsic and extrinsic ligaments of the wrist.
- Define carpal instability patterns of DISI, VISI, and midcarpal instability.
- Demonstrate appropriate provocative techniques to assess wrist stability
- Identify common soft tissue injuries surrounding the wrist.
- Identify common carpal fractures.
- Discuss common surgical procedures for treatment of wrist injuries.
Attendees earn 1 continuing education hour/0.1 CEU for this course.
Free to ASHT Members
The UE Institute is a complimentary, ASHT members-only benefit.
Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity (6th ed.). Skirven, T. M., Osterman, A. L., Fedorczyk, J. M., Amadio, P. C. (Eds.). (2011). Philadelphia, PA: Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-05602-1
Review Chapters 7, 13, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
View Video 71-6: Arthroscopic repair of the peripheral TFCC (Ruch 2006)
View Video 72-6: GRIT2 (Lee 2010)
View Video 72-7: L-T Ballottment test (Lee 2010)
View Video 74-6: Scapholunate dissociation (Garcia-Elias 2009)
Note: The video is online content. When you access the book, “Rehabilitation of the Hand,” information on how to access the videos is located inside the cover.
Fundamentals of Hand Therapy (2nd ed.). Mosby. Cooper, C. (Ed.). (2014). St. Louis, MO.
Review Chapters 25, 26