Presented by Susanne Higgins, OTD, OTR/L, CHT
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Correctly identify nerve innervations for upper extremity musculature.
- Identify classification of nerve injuries.
- Identify phases of nerve regeneration and repair techniques.
- Identify presentation of nerve injuries.
- Recognize treatment interventions to avoid secondary impairments and/or protect after surgical repair.
Attendees earn 1 continuing education hour/0.1 CEU for this course.
Free to ASHT Members
The UE Institute is a complimentary, ASHT members-only benefit.
Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity (6th ed.). Skirven, T. M., Osterman, A. L., Fedorczyk, J. M., Amadio, P. C. (Eds.). (2011). Philadelphia, PA: Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-05602-1
Review Chapters 42, 45, 46, 47, 49, 52
Fundamentals of Hand Therapy (2nd ed.). Mosby. Cooper, C. (Ed.). (2014). St. Louis, MO.
Review Chapter 2 (Anatomy, pp. 19-21) and Chapter 24 (Peripheral Nerve Problems, pp. 272-311)