Glenn Gaston, MD
How can we maximize function in individuals with amputations? This webinar will describe Targeted Muscle Reinnervation and current reconstructive options for the amputee population. Various case studies and examples will be presented. A different perspective of amputations being a reconstructive procedure versus an ablative technique will be highlighted. The presenter will also discuss available prosthetics to assist in improving quality of life after a life-changing injury.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Recognize what targeted muscle reinnervation entails
- Identify available prosthetics for amputees
- Determine reasons an individual would benefit from TMR
- Identify how the starfish procedure can enhance function of individuals with amputations
Originally Presented: July 2022
CE Credit: 1.0 continuing education hours, or 0.10 CEUs
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.