This webinar will explore use of the RAPAEL Smart Glove and Smart Board for both neurologic and neuromuscular applications. The participants will learn about applications of virtual reality, artificial intelligence and gamification for hand and arm training after stroke or other neurological illness or injury. Applications for orthopedics and burns will also be discussed.
- Recognize the benefits of virtual reality interventions for rehabilitation compared to and in addition to “traditional” methods
- Identify current products on the market for use in the clinic and home to increase repetition, engagement and function
- Identify current research related to virtual reality as a modality for rehabilitation
- Identify patient qualifications for the Rapael Smart Glove and Smart Board
Presented by Becky Alter, MS, OTR/L and Ashley Gatewood, MOT, OTR/L
Originally presented February 2019
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.