Ashley Beers Haapapuro, PT, DPT and Jonny Diercks, MS, ATC
This webinar course will instruct participants on rehabilitation concerns for the overhead thrower. It will consider anatomy, biomechanics, evaluation and exercise progression for this population. We will demonstrate how video analysis is crucial to correctly identify faulty movement patterns and poor practice habits. We will also develop customized recommendations for progression toward return to play.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Identify the phases of throwing in the overhead athlete and how they relate to tissue stress and injury.
- Recognize the importance of video analysis in the rehabilitation of the overhead thrower.
- Differentiate between pathological anatomy concerns versus normative adaptations for the overhead thrower.
- Identify common injuries for the overhead thrower.
- Recognize appropriate exercise progression for return to play in the overhead thrower.
Originally Presented: September 2020
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.