Presenters: Jeanine Beasley, EdD, OTR, CHT, FAOTA
Format: 45 minutes presentation. 15 minutes Q&A
The purpose of this webinar is to provide an update in regards to the postoperative therapeutic management of the MCP and PIP joints following Implant Resection Arthroplasty. A review of the current research, a review of various implants, and a discussion of various protocols will be provided so that the participant can make evidenced-based decisions in the care of these patients.
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify two different postoperative orthotic approaches to MCP Implant Resection Arthroplasty (IRA).
- Identify the specific splinting needs of the index vs. the small digit following MCP IRA.
- Recognize how index digit supination can assist in preventing MCP ulnar deviation.
- Recognize how to adapt a PIP IRA protocol based on the pre-operative deformity.
Presented by Jeanine Beasley, EdD, OTR, CHT, FAOTA
Originally presented November 2017
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.