Presenters: Tambra Marik, OTD, OTR/L, CHT
Format: 45 minutes presentation. 15 minutes Q&A
Therapeutic taping is commonly utilized for upper extremity musculoskeletal pathology. Theoretical concepts indicate the benefits of therapeutic taping including pain reduction, neuromuscular re-education, edema reduction and improved function. This webinar will take the therapist on a journey to compare the theoretical concepts with the evidence to reveal the efficacy of therapeutic taping. Additionally, therapists will be introduced to some novel taping techniques specifically for upper extremity taping. Video demonstrations will be presented to provide therapists with immediate clinical application.
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify the theoretical constructs of therapeutic taping to the evidence.
- Recognize how to integrate evidence-based therapeutic taping into daily clinical practice.
- Identify how to create therapeutic taping techniques based on the qualities of rigid and elastic tape.
- Differentiate between the therapeutic benefits of elastic and rigid taping.
Presented by Tambra Marik, OTD, OTR/L, CHT
Originally presented November 2016
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.