Sarah Doerrer, PhD, OTR/L, CHT, CLT and Jenny Dorich, PhD, MBA, OTR/L, CHT
Over the past few years, the Journal of Hand Therapy has published an increased number of qualitative studies. This webinar is designed to provide participants with a general overview of qualitative design and methods. Instructors will utilize examples of qualitative research applications in hand and upper extremity therapy research to demonstrate hallmark characteristics of qualitative inquiry.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Explain when qualitative design aligns with topic the researcher wants to explore
- Understand the most common types of qualitative design and associated theoretical frameworks
- Describe various approaches to data collection in qualitative studies
- Understand data analysis approaches used in qualitative design
- Articulate common trustworthiness measures used to ensure rigor in qualitative studies
Originally Presented: June 2022
CE Credit: 1.0 continuing education hours, or 0.10 CEUs
Student Members $0
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.