Mary Barnes, MOT, CHT, CIDN and Christina Woods, MOT, CHT
This webinar is the second part of a presentation on the use of dry needling in hand therapy. The webinar will cover the effects of dry needling on neural muscular, fascia and scar tissue and provide a review of the evidence for dry needling. The webinar will include videos of treatment techniques and needle setting and manipulation. Potential adverse events and the incidence will be reviewed. The presentation will demonstrate how dry needling can be applied to several common conditions in hand therapy.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Evaluate the evidence for dry needling in hand therapy
- Apply dry needling to two specific upper limb conditions
- Identify adverse events associated with dry needling
- Describe how to determine dosage for dry needling in hand therapy
Originally Presented: September 2023
CE Credit: 1.0 continuing education hours, or 0.10 CEUs
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.