Important Information on How to Register
When registering, please be certain you complete the entire online registration process to ensure you are indeed registered. Upon successfully registering, you will receive a registration confirmation email containing the webinar login information within 15-20 minutes. If you do not receive a confirmation email and have checked your spam folder, you are not registered and need to go back and carefully complete the registration process again.
Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Time: 5:00 PM PT / 6:00 PM MT / 7:00 PM CT / 8:00 PM ET
Deadline to register: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET
Presented by: Sarah Doerrer, PhD, OTR/L, CHT, CLT and Jenny Dorich, PhD, MBA, OTR/L, CHT
Format: 45 minutes presentation, 15 minutes Q&A
Over the past few years, the Journal of Hand Therapy has published an increased number of qualitative studies. This webinar is designed to provide participants with a general overview of qualitative design and methods. Instructors will utilize examples of qualitative research applications in hand and upper extremity therapy research to demonstrate hallmark characteristics of qualitative inquiry..
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Explain when qualitative design aligns with topic the researcher wants to explore
- Understand the most common types of qualitative design and associated theoretical frameworks
- Describe various approaches to data collection in qualitative studies
- Understand data analysis approaches used in qualitative design
- Articulate common trustworthiness measures used to ensure rigor in qualitative studies
Attendees earn 1.0 contact hour or 0.10 CEUs
Can't watch live?
Registrants will have access to the recording after the live event to watch on their own time.
An email will be sent to all registrants approximately three to five business days after the live presentation with access to the recording, handout and quiz for CE credit.
Student Members $0
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.