Important Information on How to Register
When registering, please be certain you complete the entire online registration process to ensure you are indeed registered. Upon successfully registering, you will receive a registration confirmation email containing the webinar login information within 15-20 minutes. If you do not receive a confirmation email and have checked your spam folder, you are not registered and need to go back and carefully complete the registration process again.
Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Time: 5:00 PM PT / 6:00 PM MT / 7:00 PM CT / 8:00 PM ET
Deadline to register: Wednesday, June 21, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET
Presented by: Ashim Bakshi, MHS, OTR, CHT
Format: 45 minutes presentation, 15 minutes Q&A
This webinar will provide an insight into the indications and relevant biomechanics of anatomic total shoulder arthroplasty (TSA) and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty (RTSA). While TSA and RTSA have some similarities, there are some major differences in the surgical procedures, indications, post-operative precautions and rehabilitation processes. The webinar will review these key aspects and analyze biomechanical rationale for post-operative guidelines in concordance with current literature.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Explore the indications for the anatomic and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
- Identify the biomechanics and the surgical procedures involved in the ATSA and RTSA
- Recognize the concept of protecting pertinent healing structures in the immediate post-operative recovery, to prevent complications and optimize function
- Determine the optimum interventional processes during the protective immobilization phase, the controlled loading of the healing structures during the rehabilitative phase and the progressive strengthening during the advanced phase
- Identify the pertinent differences and clinical reasoning behind the post-operative guidelines – including accelerated and delayed rehabilitation programs
Attendees earn 1.0 contact hour or 1.10 CEUs
Can't watch live?
Registrants will have access to the recording after the live event to watch on their own time.
An email will be sent to all registrants approximately three to five business days after the live presentation with access to the recording, handout and quiz for CE credit.
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.