Danielle Sparks, DHS, MOT, OTR, CHT & Angela Stephens, DHS, OTR/L, CHT
The 2023 Medicare Updates for Hand and Upper Extremity Specialists webinar will provide information to affect the delivery of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation for billing and reimbursement. Issues that will be covered during the webinar include: Updates to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule; Conversion factor adjustment; OTA/PTA assistant payment reduction; Requirements for KX modifier; Remote Therapeutic Monitoring codes; MIPS/MVPs updates; Telehealth rules and regulations for Medicare recipients; and Discussion of issues pertinent to the delivery of hand and upper extremity interventions.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Describe the proposed 2023 Medicare Physician Fee schedule including any budget cuts that have an effect on the delivery of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation
- Recognize the conversion factor adjustment and how a change affects OT/PT reimbursement with Medicare patients
- Identify the Medicare rules and regulations in the delivery of Telehealth for hand and upper extremity rehabilitation, including documentation requirements and reimbursement issues
- Describe how the KX and other policy issues will have an effect on the delivery of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation in 2023 for Medicare recipients
- Comprehend how the assistant payment reduction and other policy issues can have an effect on the delivery of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation in 2023 for Medicare recipients
- Identify the Medicare rules and regulations in the use of Remote Therapeutic Monitoring Codes for hand and upper extremity rehabilitation
- Recognize the updates to the MIPS/MVPs for 2023
Originally Presented: January 2023
CE Credit: 1.0 continuing education hours, or 0.10 CEUs
Student Members $0
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.